It’s advent season! Six:eight church is busy this month with our usual Sunday afternoon worship services and much more. We’re planning and preparing for a joyous Christmas with these events in December:
- Saturday, December 3 – Mobile check-in at 10am– Join the six:eight Social Club for a check-in and stroll packed with exercises designed to encourage reflection and gratitude. The journey begins at Play Cafe. Please arrive by 10:00 AM to allow for a discussion over some good coffee, and a walk beginning shortly thereafter. RSVP!
- Sunday, December 4 – St. Luke’s Courtyard Lighting. At 4:45pm, join our host congregation and our Hampden neighbors in ringing in Advent! Be ready for a tough parking situation as the Mayor’s Christmas Parade goes right through Hampden on the afternoon of 12/4, too!
- Sunday, December 11 – Christmas Season Potluck. Faithful friends who are dear to us, They gather near to us once more. The festivities begin right after 5pm church service is done!
- Sunday, December 18 – 1:30pm – Homeless Outreach– We’ll once again be heading down to The Fallsway in Baltimore to hand out fruit, water, and health kits to our homeless neighbors. Joining us again will be Tony Simmons of the homelessness speakers bureau to give us an update on the long-term needs and news facing the Baltimore homeless population. Please let Heather know if you want to donate/bring bananas, oranges, bottles of water, and/or health kit supplies. We want to make 20 health kits – here are the contents:
In a 1-gallon ziploc bag:
- pair of socks
- travel-size or medium toothpaste
- packet of wet wipes
- bar of soap in a plastic bag
- lotion and/or hand sanitizer
- 3-5 feminine products (women’s kits)
- Tuesday, December 20, 6:30pm – Christmas Caroling at Keswick Nursing Home- Come sing Christmas carols door-to-door (inside!) for the awesome senior citizens at Keswick Multicare in Hampden. Please RSVP!
- Friday, December 23, 5pm – Christmas Eve EVE Worship Service. We’ll be celebrating Christmas early this year instead of doing a regular Christmas eve service. Join us for a night service of wonder, beauty, and joy on the night before Christmas eve.