This Sunday, August 9, we’ll once again be distributing fruit, bottled water, and health kits to our homeless neighbors along The Fallsway in Baltimore. Please join us! We’ll be meeting at 9:30am at Heather and Amy’s house to assemble kits, then meeting in front of Health Care for the Homeless on The Fallsway around 10:15 or 10:30am to hand out everything.
Want to donate fruit (bananas are especially popular!), bottled water, or health kit supplies? Email Heather! Want to help us assemble the kits on Sunday morning? Email Heather! Want to meet us at HCH to help hand things out? Email Heather!
This suggested health kit is based on Healthcare for the Homeless’ Street Survival Kit.
In a 1-gallon ziploc bag:
- pair of socks
- travel-size or medium toothpaste
- packet of wet wipes
- bar of soap in a plastic bag
- lotion and/or hand sanitizer
- 3-5 feminine products (women’s kits)
- Gift cards for food – (Subway and McDonald’s sell $5 cards)
- A note of encouragement from “a friend”
- Reusable water bottle
Everyone is welcome on Sunday – all ages! And if you can’t make it but want to donate, just email Heather as we said above.